Advertising campaigns are the groups of advertising messages which are similar in nature. They share same messages and themes placed in different types of medias at some fixed times. The time frames of advertising campaigns are fixed and specifically defined.
Objective of an advertising campaign :
- Inform people about your product
- Convince them to buy the product
- Make your product available to the customers
Process of making an advertising campaign :
- Research: first step is to do a market research for the product to be advertised. One needs to find out the product demand, competitors, etc.
- Know the target audience: one need to know who are going to buy the product and who should be targeted.
- Setting the budget: the next step is to set the budget keeping in mind all the factors like media, presentations, paper works, etc which have a role in the process of advertising and the places where there is a need of funds.
- Deciding a proper theme: the theme for the campaign has to be decided as in the colors to be used, the graphics should be similar or almost similar in all ads, the music and the voices to be used, the designing of the ads, the way the message will be delivered, the language to be used, jingles, etc.
- Selection of media: the media or number of Medias selected should be the one which will reach the target customers.
- Media scheduling: the scheduling has to be done accurately so that the ad will be visible or be read or be audible to the targeted customers at the right time.
- Executing the campaign: finally the campaign has to be executed and then the feedback has to be noted.
Mostly used media tools are print media and electronic media. Print media includes newspaper, magazines, pamphlets, banners, and hoardings. Electronic media includes radio, television, e-mails, sending message on mobiles, and telephonic advertising.
All campaigns do not have fix duration. Some campaigns are seasonal and some run all year round. All campaigns differ in timings. Some advertising campaigns are media based, some are area based, some are product based, and some are objective based.